For print materials, there is an expectation that you will be able to begin your research in Prescott Library, but that you will need to go beyond the walls of Wheeler for books on most topics. Here are a few helpful tips and tricks:
- When searching our Destiny Card Catalog, any image that says "Find It" under Explore leads to other books related to that same subject.
- Don't forget to check our Reference Books collection.
- Review the Table of Contents and Index in any book you find to make sure the title covers your topic.
- You will need to try many search terms (ex: Russia, Soviet Union, communism, communist, socialism, Marx, Bolshevik, etc.) before deciding that you have found everything available that you need.
- Allow time for interlibrary loan, try to make requests before break so they can arrive in time for you to make good use of them.
- Public library systems like SAILS (in MA) and Ocean State Libraries (in RI) have their own interlibrary loan system, and you can request books to be sent to your local library.
- Use WorldCat or other library links to find resources at local libraries. Then GO THERE to get the book yourself.
Finally, let me know how I can help.